Research, Dissemination & Faculty Development Program
The RDFD program supports faculty scholarship and professional activity to develop as teachers, researchers, scholars and artists. Funding is made available to full-time instructional faculty members through a competitive internal grant process.
Proposal Submission Deadlines
For further information on when to apply, see the UNC Internal Grant Matrix.
- October 26, 2018
- October 25, 2019
- October 23, 2020
- March 23, 2018
- March 22, 2019
- March 27, 2020
All full time instructional faculty members (tenured, tenure-track, and contract renewable) are eligible to apply for RDFD awards with the exception of:
- Faculty members who are overdue in submitting final reports for previous Provost Fund awards
Post-doctoral fellows are eligible, but their applications must provide a clear explanation as to how their projects benefit the university.
- Provost Award for Travel
- Research, Dissemination & Faculty Development
- New Project Program
- Teaching Reassignment for RSCW
- Summer Support Initiative
- Faculty Publication Fund
- Sponsored Research Fellows
- Award for Excellence in Social Science Engaged Research
- A.M. & Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar Award
Office of Research
0025 Kepner Hall
Fax: (970) 351-1934
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
General Funding Priorities
Proposal evaluation will give particular consideration to proposals that address the following priority areas:
- promote long-lasting scholarly, professional or artistic development of UNC faculty members
- facilitate technical training or educational development
- develop and write proposals for externally funded fellowships, grants, and contracts
- use technology and other strategies in pedagogy such as enhancement/enrichment pedagogy
- assist faculty to intern with industry, government or service agencies, institutes or foundations
- sponsor and organize forums and conferences at UNC
- encourage UNC students' professional involvement or civic engagement through community-based research projects
- contribute to UNC's mission to internationalize and enhance overall academic experiences of students and faculty by increasing the faculty's exposure to international experiences
Internal Award Procedures
The Internal Award Procedures provide a consistent method for handling internal awards to accommodate new university budget guidelines; they apply to Provost Fund Grants, FRPB Grants, and Summer Support Initiative Awards.
Questions about this program should be directed to Sherry May at 970-351-1910 or to your FRPB College Representative or the FRPB Chairperson.