New Project Program (NPP)
The New Project Program (NPP) provides grants to UNC faculty members for the startup of new research and creative projects. On-going work will not be considered for NPP funding. Preference will be given to initial or pilot work intended to result in external funding to support continuation and expansion of the research.
All faculty members who hold at least a .50 FTE appointment and are not delinquent in submitting final reports for prior NPP or Provost Fund grants are eligible to apply.
Proposal Submissions Deadlines
For further information on when to apply, see the UNC Internal Grant Matrix.
October 5, 2016
February 15, 2017
October 4, 2017
February 21, 2018
October 3, 2018
- Provost Award for Travel
- Research, Dissemination & Faculty Development
- New Project Program
- Teaching Reassignment for RSCW
- Summer Support Initiative
- Faculty Publication Fund
- Sponsored Research Fellows
- Award for Excellence in Social Science Engaged Research
- A.M. & Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar Award
Office of Research
0025 Kepner Hall
Fax: (970) 351-1934
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
General Funding Priorities
Proposal Evaluation will give particular consideration to proposals that address the following priority areas:
- promote long-lasting scholarly, professional or artistic development of UNC faculty members
- develop and write proposals for externally funded fellowships, grants and contracts
- use technology and other strategies in pedagogy such as enhancement/enrichment pedagogy
- assist faculty to intern with industry, government or service agencies, institutes or foundations
- encourage UNC students' professional involvement or civic engagement through community-based research projects
- contribute to UNC's mission to internationalize and enhance overall academic experience of students and faculty by increasing the faculty's exposure to international experiences
Internal Award Budget Guidelines
The Internal Budget Guidelines provide a consistent method for handling internal awards to accommodate new university budget guidelines; they apply to Provost Fund Grants, FRPB Grants, OSP Travel Grants, and Summer Support Initiative Awards.