As a student, you are responsible for knowing regulations that govern registration, add/drop, withdrawal deadlines and other procedures and regulations that may be issued on a semester basis.
You may cancel your registration for classes up to the first day of classes without incurring any financial charges.
You may add courses using URSA through the 5th day of the semester for full semester courses (short courses see add/drop/withdrawal deadlines). After the 5th day of the semester all adds require the signature of the instructor and must be processed at the Registrar’s Office in Carter Hall.
- Days 6 - 10 the instructor may add the class by accessing the Faculty tab and electronically submitting the add request form to the Registrar’s Office; or
- You may access the add request form on the Registrar’s web site and fax it to 970-351-1870 or bring it to the Registrar's Office. This form is only available on the website during days 6-10.
- After day 10, a course late add will only be approved when there were extenuating circumstances beyond your control that kept your from adhering to the published deadline. You must have been attending on or before the drop deadline to be considered.
- You must complete a Petition to Late Add a Course and submit it along with a written statement describing the circumstances that kept you from adhering to the deadline.
- The Registrar has the final approval/denial of the course(s).
- The form may be faxed to 970-351-1870 or brought by the Registrar's Office, Carter Hall 3002.
Registered Students Who Fail to Attend Class
A faculty member may drop you from a course if you have not attended the first two 50 minute sessions. You must notify the instructor if you cannot attend during this time. Since not all instructors will execute this option, it is your responsibility to follow the drop procedure and not assume the instructor will drop you.
After the drop deadline you may withdraw from one or more courses with a grade of “W” up through the mid point of the semester. A grade of “W” will be displayed on the transcript and no refund will be given for withdrawn courses.
If you must withdraw from the University after the add/drop deadline of a semester, you should contact the Registrar’s Office in Carter Hall 3002 to complete the withdrawal process. University withdrawal percentages are based on the last date attended or days of instruction as determined by the Registrar’s Office. A grade of “W” will be assigned in all courses for which you are registered. If you leave the campus without withdrawing through the proper channels, you will receive “F” grades in all courses for which you were registered and you will be responsible for applicable tuition and fees.
Holds that Prevent Registration
Holds are restrictions that may prevent you from registering and are placed on your student record at any time during the term. They are placed on your record by various offices and are indicated when you attempt to register using URSA. To clear a hold on your account contact the originating office.
Pre-requisites will be checked at the time of registration. If you do not meet the pre-requisites of the course that you are attempting to enter and you want to pursue permission, you must contact the instructor for a possible faculty override. Please check the catalog for pre-requisite information.
A registration override may be obtained from the instructor of a restricted or closed course. The option to override you into a course is at the instructor’s discretion. If an override is approved, the instructor will release the course by entering your Bear Number into the system. You will then need to go to the registration worksheet on the Student Tab of URSA and enter the CRN directly into the worksheet. Do not search for the class, as it will still show closed or restricted.