How to Apply for Graduation
Applications are only accepted:
- After April 1st for Fall graduates
- After October 1st for Spring/Summer graduates
- You must have 90 completed hours
- Call 970-351-2231, option 3 or email email@example.com with:
- Your name
- Last four digits of your Bear Number
- Phone Number
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Once we receive your intent to graduate, we will respond to your Bear email to confirm we have received your application.
- You and your advisor will receive a detailed email within 5 to 10 business days showing any outstanding graduation requirements.
- All course adjustments must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than 10 weeks after the start of the term in which you plan to graduate.
- It is highly recommended that you generate a new Degree Evaluation each time you register or when changes are made to your record (i.e. course substitutions, transfer work, major/minor changes, etc.).
- Generate a current Degree Evaluation in your URSA account. For additional information on how to access the degree evaluation, please visit http://www.unco.edu/aboutursa/resources/helpsheets/accessing_CAPP_for_students.pdf
- For additional information on how to interpret the degree evaluation, please visit http://www.unco.edu/aboutursa/resources/helpsheets/Using_Capp.pdf
- Please make sure to allow time for a new evaluation to generate after you have pressed the submit button. When the evaluation has run, you should select the Detail option.
- If you make any of the changes listed above or if you request to change your graduation date, you must notify the Office of the Registrar at 970-351-2231, option 3.
To graduate in any given semester, all graduation requirements must be completed (with relevant documentation submitted to the Office of the Registrar, as necessary) two weeks before the release off official transcripts.
For transcript and diploma release dates, click here.
Degrees are not awarded during the Interim term; students who complete their graduation requirements in an Interim term are considered graduates of the subsequent spring semester.