Application for Graduation
Students who intend to graduate must apply for graduation through the Office of the Registrar. A $50.00 graduation application fee will only be charged one time per degree and is applied to your student account.
Applications are only accepted:
- After April 1st for Fall graduates and students must be registered for all course work.
- After November 1st for Spring/Summer graduates and students must be registered for spring course work.
- You must have 90 completed hours and be registered for all remaining course work.
- Email email@example.com with:
- Your name
- Last four digits of your Bear Number
- Phone Number
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Once we receive your intent to graduate, we will respond to your Bear email to confirm we have received your application.
- If your application has been accepted, you and your advisor will receive a detailed email within 5 to 10 business days showing any outstanding graduation requirements.
- All course adjustments must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than 10 weeks after the start of the term in which you plan to graduate.
- It is highly recommended that you generate a new Degree Evaluation each time you register or when changes are made to your record (i.e. course substitutions, transfer work, major/minor changes, etc.).
- Generate a current Degree Evaluation in your URSA account. For additional information on how to access the degree evaluation, please visit http://www.unco.edu/aboutursa/resources/helpsheets/accessing_CAPP_for_students.pdf
- For additional information on how to interpret the degree evaluation, please visit http://www.unco.edu/aboutursa/resources/helpsheets/Using_Capp.pdf
- Please make sure to allow time for a new evaluation to generate after you have pressed the submit button. When the evaluation has run, you should select the Detail option.
- If you make any of the changes listed above or if you request to change your graduation date, you must notify the Office of the Registrar at 970-351-2231, option 3.
To graduate in any given semester, all graduation requirements must be completed (with relevant documentation submitted to the Office of the Registrar, as necessary) two weeks before the release of official transcripts.
For transcript and diploma release dates, click here.
Degrees are not awarded during the Interim term; students who complete their graduation requirements in an Interim term are considered graduates of the subsequent spring semester.
Participating in the Commencement Ceremony
In order to participate in a Fall or Spring commencement ceremony, you must be on the tentative graduation list prior to the date of the respective commencement ceremony. If you have not applied for graduation you will not appear on any graduation list.
All Summer graduates are invited to participate in the Spring ceremony; there is no Summer ceremony. Students completing an interim course are considered Spring graduates and will participate in the Spring ceremony.
Exceptions can be made for students who will be doing their student teaching or internship out-of-state their last semester. An exception form to Petition to Participate in Commencement can be found at http://www.unco.edu/regrec/Current%20Students/Forms/Index.html.
Documentation is required from the advisor stating that they have approved the student’s internship/student teaching out of state. Documentation is also required from the facility hosting the student stating that they are allowing that student to do his/her internship/student teaching at their facility.