UNC Visa Card
Program Benefits and UNC Policy-Related Information
University of Northern Colorado provides a one card procurement program enabling employees to make business related purchases for goods and standard (not professional) services. It is a cost-effective method of paying for purchases and travel expenses. Uses of the card should:
- Provide cost savings through consolidated payments (one monthly payment made to Wells Fargo verses multiple vendor payments)
- Reduce paperwork and processing time in the employee’s department, as well as in accounts payable
- Enhance the purchasing options available to departments
- Provide an alternative to personal reimbursements
Purchases made through this program must comply with:
- University of Northern Colorado Purchasing procedures
- University of Northern Colorado Travel and Business Expense Policy
- Any special requirements of projects supported by sponsored funds
The UNC VISA card may NOT be used for:
- Making personal purchases, or to loan to others
- Payment for personal services from individuals (1099 non-employee compensation): consultants, speakers, and other personal services. These payments must be requested using a UNC check request form and a properly completed IRS W-9 form.
You are asked to treat this program with the same sense of responsibility and security you would use for your personal credit cards. Violations of procedures or abuse may result in immediate deactivation of your card and possible disciplinary action.
To use the card, an individual must be authorized to do so by department head, dean or designee.