- Dr. Olivo has received a $109,000 grant from the National Endowment for the
Humanities to direct a Summer Seminar for School Teachers on “East-Central Europe, 1989: The History and Philosophy of the Peaceful Revolutions” from June 23 till July 20,2013 in Berlin, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic. For more information, go to: www.unco.edu/psci/nehseminar
- Since 2002 Dr. Olivo has been a judge for We the People: The Citizens and the Constitution. This year she is judging Colorado District 4 Finals on November 13 and Colorado State Finals at the Capitol on December 17.
- Along with four of her students, Dr. Olivo is presenting “Engaging Students in Colorado Politics,” an interactive poster presentation at the Engaged Scholarship Symposium, University of Northern Colorado, November 13, 2012.
- Dr. Olivo was a participant in the Fulbright German Studies Seminar on “The Nation-State and European Identity” in Berlin and Brussels in June 2012.
- The results of Dr. Olivo’s study of gender in introductory American government and politics textbooks were published as “The Exclusion and Inclusion of Women in American Government Textbooks,” Heather Hickman and Brad J. Porfilio, eds., The New Politics of the Textbook: Problematizing the Portrayal of Marginalized Groups in Textbooks (Rotterdam: Sense Publishers, 2012) and “Bringing Women In: Gender and American Government Textbooks,” Journal of Political Science Education, Vol. 8 #2 (May 2012).
- Dr. Luger directed the Advanced Placement Summer Institute on U.S. Government and Politics at the University of Northern Colorado in June 2012. For more information, go to: www.unco.edu/advplacement