Innovate. Create. Design. Research.
Immerse yourself in research-intensive experiences that explore how pedagogies and technology blend with critical and educational theories to inform innovative practices in educational contexts. In the Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy Doctoral program, you'll develop rich understanding about educational theory and practice; design and develop digital materials such as games, visual media and multimodal compositions; and engage in authentic research projects.
You'll work closely with faculty who are top educators and researchers, while having opportunities to engage in unique, hands-on learner experiences. You'll also explore your own research interests, publish your findings and present your work in scholarly venues. Earn your degree on campus with opportunities for in-person and blended learning a part of this unique doctoral program.
Ph.D. in Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy
This program is research intensive and builds a deep theoretical base in critical and innovative pedagogy as well as developed technology application skills. It provides different areas of focus, or cognates, including innovation and integration and instructional technology. The PhD program culminates in a dissertation of original research in the field.
Doctoral Minor in Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy
Add fundamentals to your current doctoral program with a Doctoral Minor in Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy. The minor requires 15 credits and is available to students in any UNC doctoral program with approval of their doctoral program advisor.
Consider UNC's Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy programs if you are:
- An education professional or classroom teacher.
- Seeking opportunities for research that explores technology as a transformational tool to teaching and learning.
- Interested in developing a deep understanding in blending education theory and practice
- Foundational theoretical knowledge of technology-infused pedagogy and its place in transformative teaching and learning.
- Theory and application of critical and innovative pedagogy as well as developed technology application skills.
- Global and Cultural Perspectives in Educational Technology
- Performance Technology for Instructional Environments
- Innovations in Technology and Education
- Gaming and Application Design
- Multimodal Composing
- Visual Methods for Educational Research in Digital Contexts
When you earn your degree in Technology, Innovation and Pedagogy from UNC, you’ll be ready to work in a variety of learning contexts, including K-12, higher education, online environments, military training, business/organizational and international settings. Specific career opportunities include:
Higher Education Faculty