Clinical Expertise, Career Rewards
This practice-focused doctorate enables working nurses to cultivate high-level clinical expertise and reach the top of the profession. Delivered mostly online to avoid conflicts with your work schedule, our Adult-Gerontology Acute Care B.S.N.-D.N.P. program empowers you to influence health care delivery at the community-wide level, with particular emphasis on underserved rural populations.
You’ll develop advanced clinical proficiency and knowledge to play leadership roles in coordinating treatment and care for critically ill patients from adolescence through later life. The program includes hands-on practicum experience with clinical partners in your region, plus two intensive on-campus sessions at UNC’s campus in Greeley, Colorado. Upon graduation, you’ll be eligible to apply for national and state APN credentials.
Online + Greeley Visits
B.S.N.-D.N.P. with Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Focus
The AGACNP doctoral program is open to employed nurses with a bachelor of science in nursing. You’ll take almost all of your courses online, at times that don’t interfere with your work schedule. UNC’s program fulfills the requirements for nurse practitioner education set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. Allow three-and-a-half years to complete the program.
Today’s nurses must constantly master new scientific knowledge, hospital technology, health care policies and other types of information. At the same time, the aging of America’s population has created greater demand for advanced nursing skill than ever before. By earning a B.S.N.-D.N.P. degree with Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner focus from UNC, you’ll acquire the big-picture knowledge to address major challenges in health care and nursing. Upon graduation you’ll have the skills, qualifications and credentials to participate in advanced care-giving, policy formulation, research, education and organizational leadership.
Consider UNC’s B.S.N.-D.N.P. AGACNP program if you want to:
- Attain leadership roles in nursing
- Achieve excellence in health care
- Interact with diverse populations
- Earn an Advanced Practice Nurse credential
- To think critically and communicate effectively
- Policy expertise
- Community and organizational leadership
- Management and treatment of illnesses related to aging and acute illness
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Research- and Evidence-based Practice
- Quality and Safety in Health Care Systems
- Information Technology in Health Care
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention