The UNC Police Department currently has an opening for a police officer, please apply on the State of Colorado jobs Website or contact the UNC Human Resources office at 970-351-2718. This application will close 10/05/15.
Police Communication Technician (Dispatcher)
There are no current openings for Police Communication Technicians
There are no current openings for any student positions.
Campus Safety Patrol
The Campus Safety Patrol position consists of two separate assignments – a daytime Parking Enforcement assignment, and an evening Safety Patrol assignment. You can work both daytime and evening hours, and you must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours a week between all assignments. A uniform shirt will be provided, and you must have a current and valid Driver License. You must also pass a background check and integrity interview with the UNC PD in order to be considered for this position.
- Parking Enforcement: This position has flexible daytime hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The primary responsibilities of this assignment include: issuing parking citations to vehicles parked on campus in violation of UNC Parking Rules and Regulations; radioing potential safety or criminal concerns to the Communications Center; performing traffic control for commencement and move-in days; assisting with the collection of funds from meters/dispensers; assisting with general lot maintenance, including litter removal; and other duties as assigned.
- Safety Patrol: This position consists of three 6-hour shifts: 5pm – 11pm, 8pm – 2am, and 9pm – 3am, 7 days a week. The primary responsibilities of this assignment include: providing escorts for individuals around campus; identifying and communicating safety or criminal concerns to the Communications Center; assisting UNC Police patrol officers as requested; monitoring and patrolling campus properties and parking lots; performing low-level regulatory contacts (alcohol violations, etc); checking the security of buildings and doors; and other duties as assigned.
- To apply for this position: Complete the UNC Student CSP Application and return it to the UNC Police Department.
The UNC Police Department Communications Center employs students for two positions: student dispatcher and student switchboard operator. Applicants for either position must submit to both a criminal history check and a thorough background check.
- Student dispatcher: The Communications Center is staffed 24 hours a day, and as such, this position has various hours throughout the week. The primary responsibilities for this position include: taking calls for police/fire/emergency medical services and relaying that information to officers via radio; monitoring campus alarm system; entering call information into the computer and tracking officers and calls received; and accessing state and federal crime databases. This position can be demanding and difficult, and applicants must be mature and motivated students who can work with little to no supervision once out of training. Applicants must also have the ability to multitask and remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Student switchboard operator: This position works Monday - Friday from 4pm - 10pm and Saturday - Sunday 8am - 2pm. The primary responsibilities for this position include: answering incoming switchboard calls and routing them to the correct department/office on campus; providing reception desk duties for the UNC Police Department lobby window; and assisting with the UNC Police lost and found. Students in this position are eligible to transfer to a student dispatcher position if they show the aptitude for multitasking.
- To apply for either position: Complete the UNC Communications Center Student Application and return it to the UNC Police Department.
View Gray Hall in a larger map
UNC Police Department
501 20th Street, Campus Box 27
Greeley, CO 80639
1813 8th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Phone: (970) 351-2245
Fax: (970) 351-4286