Our Central Questions——First Thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karissa Nelson
Fledgling

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  11:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding the question of what turns people on...
People are turned on, in general, by things that are intriguing, challenging, desirable in their eyes, and so on and so forth. Anything that can be in the least bit attractive or interesting to an individual is going to turn him or her on whether erotically, academically, or spiritually. There is no set way to define what turns people on, in my opinion, as there will always be variation from person to person.

Regarding the question of consistency...
Consistency is the basis for everything we as a modern society have come to know. Facts are based upon experimentation, which is only solidified due to the consistency of similar results. Without consistency there is no way to form a theory as theories are by definition ideas, statements, etc. used to make sense of similar results or data. Without the ability to form theories, all the facts in the world such as gravity and the world's actually being round would cease to exist, and therefore I believe consistency is of the utmost importance when it comes to knowledge.

Regarding the question of philosophers' being in touch with reality...
I believe that there is no way to answer this question. In order to even begin investigating who is and isn't in touch with reality, we must first define reality. Since this definition is bound to be the subject of a great deal of controversy, we find ourselves face to face with the age-old discussion and question: what is reality?

[Lightly edited to enhance readability -TT]
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Philosophy | University of Northern Colorado © 2004 tkt Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000