We assign advisers to all our majors and minors—and that means to majors and minors for whom philosophy is their second major or second minor as well as to those for whom it’s their first or only major or minor. You may want to check out the following links prior to meeting with your adviser.
- Generic Advice for Philosophy Majors
- Generic Advice for Philosophy Minors
- Generic Advice for Legal Studies Minors
- The Single Most Important Piece of Advice
- UNC Catalog — Online
- Schedule of Classes — Online
- Academic Calendar — Courtesy of the Registrar’s Office
Advising assignments are not written in stone. If for any reason you’d like to switch advisers, feel free to go ahead. Just make sure you let your old adviser know and that you also drop a note about the change to Tom Trelogan.