What We Do...
- Process regular payroll for faculty, exempt staff, classified staff, non-student employees, students, TA's and GA's
- Pay personal service agreements
- Update and maintain tax withholding information (W-4's)
- Update and maintain direct deposit information
- Withhold and process appropriate payroll deductions
- Process and issue non-scheduled checks
- Issue W-2's
- Process Employment verification information
News To Note
IRS Publication 15 Circular E, Employers Tax Guide, shows tax tables where you may look up federal tax withholding amounts. Select Publication Number. You will need Adobe Acrobate to download the publication.
Minimum Wage as of Jan 1 2018 is $10.20
Jan 1 2019 $11.10
Jan 1 2020 $12.00
Direct Deposit for all employee types is a condition of employment and may be set up in the Payroll Office, Carter Hall, Room 2005.
Download Direct Deposit Form Direct Deposit Agreement
Payroll Services supports UNC's goals and missions by providing accurate and timely compensation for work performed and insuring we are at all times in compliance with all UNC, State, and Federal rules and regulations.