The University of Northern Colorado's parking program is self-maintaining. No tax revenue, student fees, or tuition funds are received or used. Parking fees pay for the following:
Maintenance of Parking Lots - Pothole repairs, asphalt or concrete overlay of parking lots, seal-coating of parking lots, sign replacements, painting of parking lots, painting of parking stalls and curbs, snow removal, sweeping of parking lots, grading of gravel parking lots, meter and dispenser service and repairs, car stops, etc..
New Construction - Engineering costs, underground drainage systems, site preparation, gravel, asphalt or concrete surfacing, curb and gutter, landscaping, walkways, fences, stall painting, lighting, signs, car stops, etc..
Enforcement and Administrative Support - Parking enforcement, processing of citations, parking permit sales, appeal processing, providing parking information, campus police support, student rovers, office equipment, and administration of the parking program.
UNC PARKING FACTS
- 5,392 Total Parking Spaces (excluding metered & specially marked spaces except accessible spaces as listed):
- 4,755 Student Spaces
- 515 Faculty/Staff Spaces
- 122 Accessible Spaces
- Student Population - approximately 11,694 (Fall 2009 enrollment, on campus)
- Faculty/Staff Population - approximately 3,514 (March 2010 payroll, full-time & part-time)
- City of Greeley Population - approximately 100,000 (2007-2008 Economic Impact Report & Institutional Profile)
- Parking Management Software - 'BOSSCARS' by Boss Software
- Handheld Citation Writers - Casio DTX 30