Bicycles on Campus
SECTION 6 - IMPOUNDMENT
Any University Police Officer, Bicycle Officer, or other person authorized specifically by the Chief of Police may move, relocate or impound any bicycle which is:
- Blocking or otherwise impeding traffic in any street, highway, roadway, path or sidewalk.
- Blocking or impeding normal entrance to or exit from any building on the University.
- Appears to be abandoned.
- Has been reported stolen to a law enforcement agency.
- Is a safety hazard.
- Is parked, stored, or left in any lobby, hallway, or room of any building unless said area is a private residence or office.
Any University Police official authorized to so remove and impound a bicycle, skateboard or rollerblades in this manner, and the University, shall not be liable to the owner of the bicycle for the cost of repair or replacement of a securing device.
- Any bicycle impounded pursuant to any section of this chapter shall be stored in a secure facility designated for such purpose by the Chief of Police.
- Parking in a fire lane, and/or parking in violation of these regulations that creates a safety hazard or emergency situation will immediately subject a bicycle to impoundment.
- The abandonment of a bicycle on the University of Northern Colorado property or the failure to respond either by a hearing or by payment to any parking reminder notices during the University's scheduled semester class sessions constitutes grounds for the impoundment of a bicycle and the payment of outstanding fines.
- To insure proper crediting, it is recommended that anyone making payment to the University of Northern Colorado Parking Services, be it by mail, in person, or by phone, provide the citation, the citation number, the courtesy reminder &/or customer account number.