We partner with our students to create a learning environment in which they will thrive. With staff from the services and programs listed here, students can build their own web of support to meet their individual needs and to reach their academic and career goals.
The Registrar’s Office provides information and assistance regarding access to academic records as regulated by federal law under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); the impact of in-state or out-of-state classification; course registration and much more.
Academic year catalogs include undergraduate policies, course descriptions, the Liberal Arts Core curriculum, and all programs of study requirements. View the undergraduate catalogs.
A variety of academic calendars help students keep track of important university events; add, drop, withdrawal deadlines; registration dates; final exam schedules and more. View the academic calendars.
Michener Library, our main campus library, and the Skinner Music Library provide extensive library services to our students, faculty and staff. Learn more about our libraries.
UNC offers a blend of professional and faculty advising to meet the varied needs of our students. Upon declaration of a major area of study, almost all students work with a faculty advisor. Students who are exploring major options meet with professional advisors in the Division of Student Success. Certain academic programs also offer professional advising to their students: The Monfort College of Business, The School of Theatre Arts & Dance, Elementary Education, and Pre-Nursing.
Career Services at UNC offers a wide range of services to students and alumni, including assistance with deciding on majors and careers, starting and updating resumes and cover letters, discovering job and internship search techniques and resources, searching and applying for graduate programs, developing interviewing skills, and locating career information.
Students are encouraged to use the academic support offered by the following centers as part of their plan for success. All services are free to UNC students.
- UNC’s centralized Tutoring Center offers students individual, small group, and Supplemental Instruction assistance in over 130 different courses.
- The Math Lab offers drop-in assistance to students enrolled in math and statistics courses.
- The Writing Center provides individual assistance for all stages of the writing process.
Along with the academic support listed above, specialized support is available to target populations.
- The Student-Athlete Academic Success program partners with coaches, faculty and other program administrators to support our student-athletes.
- The Center for Human Enrichment, a federally-funded TRiO program, provides 200 identified and selected first-generation UNC students with comprehensive academic and advising services.
- Disability Support Services creates an accessible academic environment for students with disabilities.
- The various Cultural Centers on campus offer additional academic and social support for our diverse populations of students.