How to Find Funding
Successful grant-seekers know that in addition to submitting a quality proposal, it is important to apply to a funding agency program that is a good match for the proposed project. Identifying sponsors that are interested in the general topic area of your work is essential, but you will also want to know that potential sponsors:
- have identified a specific need or problem that your project will address
- support the type of project you are proposing – research, program, service, instruction or training, etc.
- make awards to public universities in Colorado
- support projects in the geographic area where your project will be conducted
- typically make awards within the size range you are proposing
Please direct questions about identifying external funding opportunities to Arlene Hansen. A number of resources are available to help, including:
- Deadlines from the Grants Resources Center
Log in to OSP's SharePoint site to review up-coming proposal deadlines by discipline. Use your standard UNC username and password, although you may need to type unco1\ at the beginning of your username - unco1\first.lastname.
- Funding Databases
SPINPlus, GRC GrantSearch, Colorado Grants Guide, Grants.gov
- Funding Notifications
Receive automated email notices of funding opportunities from a variety of sources
- Federal Funding
Use these direct links to grant and funding information at federal funding agencies
Please direct questions about internal funding opportunities to Sherry May.
- Provost Fund for Faculty Scholarship & Professional Development
The Provost Fund supports projects in two award categories:
- Faculty Research & Publications Board New Project Program (NPP)
The New Project Program supports the start up of new research and creative projects.
- Annual Scholarly Activity Travel Support (ASATS) (pdf)
The ASATS program supports faculty and professional staff members who are travelling for the purpose of giving invited presentations or performances at professional meetings or conferences.
Which internal grant program is right for you?
Whether you are planning research, travel or other scholarly activities, the Internal Grant Matrix is designed to help you determine which of the internal grant programs fit your needs.
- Internal Grant Matrix (pdf)