- What to send before
- What to expect
- What to bring with you
- Parking & Check-In
- Student Schedule
- Upcoming Dates
What transfer students can expect at Orientation
This one-day program for transfer and non-traditional students provides a comprehensive overview of academic and social life at UNC. It is also a convenient time for students to meet with an advisor and register for classes. The program is designed for transfer students and students who define themselves as non-traditional. Although orientation is highly recommended for transfer students, it is
- interact with others who are also beginning their UNC career
- be guided throughout Orientation by an upper-class student known as an Orientation Leader (OL). The OL will help new students identify campus resources as well as answer questions and provide advice about campus life. The OL team has been thoroughly trained in academic advising and will assist students in learning the academic policies and requirements of the University and the student's major program.
- have a photo taken for his or her UNC card
- set up an optional Wells Fargo student account
- register for classes with a professional or faculty advisor in a group setting (note that the advisor you meet with may not be the one assigned to you in the fall)
- learn about UNC and becoming a part of the family!