Checklist for Transfer & Nontraditional Students
Need to find out what you should send before orientation, what to expect, and what to bring if you are attending the in-person Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome? Look no further! Use the individual tabs on this webpage to navigate to the specific information you are trying to find.
Note: This checklist is for after you have complete your Online Orientation requirement. If you still need to complete Online Orientation, please log in to the orientation system to begin.
1. Send in your Official Final transcripts from your previous semester(s) (if applicable)
In order to receive credit for the courses you have most recently taken, please request
a final official college transcript from your previous institution. They can send
the transcripts electronically or to:
UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639
2. Update your Medical information
Send in your Immunization Documents
- Send immunization documents to the Student Health Center prior to your orientation. If that is not possible, bring documentation to Orientation. Read more information about immunizations.
Get the Meningitis Vaccine
- If you are in need of a meningitis vaccination, you may contact your medical provider or UNC's Student Health Services to learn more information. If it has been 3 or more years since your last Meningitis vaccine, the CDC recommends a booster.
Complete the Health Insurance Waiver (if applicable)
- If you would like to waive the UNC insurance, you must show proof of insurance and submit an online waiver to the Student Health Center. Read more information about the UNC health insurance.
Completing Online-Orientation Requirement
- Once logged into the orientation system, you will complete Online Orientation. The Online Orientation is intended to guide you to various resources and steps necessary to the transition into UNC. The units in Online Orientation will help you gain knowledge of the campus and become more aware of how to navigate through the various systems you'll be accessing in and beyond your first semester at UNC.
- When you have finished completing Online Orientation, you will have been able to determine what steps you will take to be advised. This may mean you will come to an in-person Orientation to not only be advised, but to engage to connecting further with resources and fellow incoming students.
Becoming part of the Bear Family
You will have opportunities to interact with fellow incoming students who are also transitioning to being a student at UNC.
During the Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, you will be guided throughout by orientation staff, including upper-class students known as an Orientation Leaders (OLs). The OL will help you identify campus resources as well as answer questions and provide advice about campus life. The OL team has been thoroughly trained in academic advising and will assist students in learning the academic policies and requirements of the university and the student's major program.
Fun fact: Sleuth is the term used for a group of bears!
Accessing the “Bear” Essentials
At Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, you will have the opportunity to get a photo taken for the UNC card which will act as your ID throughout all of college. It's your connection to campus life and beyond while you are attending the University of Northern Colorado. You can use the card as a banking card, library card, door access and in many other convenient ways.
You will also have an option to set up a Wells Fargo student account. If you choose to set up the account, the account can also work directly with your UNC ID card.
Provided you have attended the entire length of Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, you will register for classes with a professional or faculty advisor in a group setting (note that the advisor you meet with may not be the one assigned to you).
And, above all, you will learn about UNC and becoming a part of the Bear family! During your time at Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome, you will encounter connections with clubs and activities, form networks with faculty and staff, gain exposure to our beautiful campus, and form unique and meaningful relationships with fellow students!
Connecting with Resources
- With our University Fair, you will have various opportunities to speak with campus
resources. Offices Represented (subject to change depending on orientation session)
at Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome:
Army/Air Force ROTC
Asian/Pacific American Student Services
Campus Recreation Center
Center for Human Enrichment
Cesar Chavez Cultural Center
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Natural and Health Sciences
College of Performing and Visual Arts
Dean of Students
Disability Support Services
Housing & Residential Education
Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
Monfort College of Business
Native American Student Services
President's Leadership Program
UNC Card Office
UNC Police Department
Wells Fargo Bank
An amazing experience!
- The Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome will include, but not limited to: bonding with other students (both within and outside of your major), spending time in our wonderful campus facilities, and indulging in exceptional food made by award-winning chefs. Your Transfer & Nontraditional Welcome experience will be awesome!
Your Bear Number.
Casual dress and comfortable walking shoes.
- Remember what your login information is to URSA since that is the system you will have to access in order to register for classes.
Results of your Spanish Placement Exam-If you are a student who is intending to take a Spanish course at UNC, you must take the Spanish Placement exam and bring the results with you to orientation. The Placement Exam can be accessed on-line. You will work with an advisor from the Spanish program at orientation.
Any documents regarding your IB, AP, or dual enrollment credits. We will provide anything that has been submitted prior to your Orientation date (note that some transcripts may not be available to UNC until July) but you may want to double check with our Admissions representative(s) available during your session to ensure your credits transferred as expected.
Your immunization documents if they have not been submitted (or are not sure if they have been submitted) prior to your session.
Your Bear Pride!