Parent Orientation Sample Schedule - Transfer & Nontraditional Welcomes in the Summer
Note: Parents and support people attending Transfer and Nontraditional Welcome will experience the same the schedule as the student up until Advising and Registration. At that time, support people will be able to learn information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while the student is being advised.
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details
will be given to participants at check-in.
All sessions are in the University Center:
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace. You will check in with your student if you have made your reservation ahead of time.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Your student will get to know other incoming transfer and nontraditional students as well as current students who have transferred to UNC in a small-group setting. You will have some opportunity to connect with other parents and support people.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Introduction to Academics - Learning UNC's Liberal Arts Core and the online catalog.
After Your Student is Done With Registration
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors (Not offered for August 18, 2017 session).
- There will be multiple opportunities for your student to get their picture taken for the UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents and support people will receive a lunch ticket.
Tip: If you need to make any campus appointments for you and your student, please schedule after 4 p.m.