- What to expect
- Orientation costs
- Overnight accomodations
- Schedule -
- Schedule - Transfer & Non-Traditional sessions
- Upcoming Dates
- Waiver information
Parent Orientation - Transfer & Non-Traditional Sessions
All sessions are in the University Center:
- Free parking is available in the north and south lots of the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, name tag, meal ticket, etc)
- If you've pre-registered for Parent Orientation, you will check in with your student; otherwise you can register at our walk-in table.
Program Sessions (9:00am to 4:00pm)
9:00-9:25am - University Welcome
9:30-10:15am - Navigating Campus (UNC Card Office, Wells Fargo, Parking Services, Library)
10:20-11:05am - Health, Safety & Wellness (Dean of Students, Counseling, Campus Police, Health Center, Student Health Insurance)
11:05am-12:15pm - Lunch (provided) and University Fair
12:20-12:40pm - Online Resources (URSA, online catalog, BearMail)
12:45-1:25pm - Paying your UNC Bill
1:30-2:10pm - Career Services*
2:15-3:15pm - Parent Forum*
3:30pm - optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors
* Most sessions are with your student, except for the last two sessions when your student will be registering for classes.
8:00am - 5:00pm - UNC Student Health Services will be offering FREE Meningitis vaccines for all new students during Orientation at the Health Center. A $200 value - while supplies last! If it has been 3 or more years since your last Meningitis vaccine, the CDC recommends a booster.
If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule with your student after 3:00pm.