Parent Orientation Schedule
The schedule is currently under construction in order to provide the best possible experience. Please check back for updates as they are available.
Topics/Offices to be covered at Orientation:
- Parent Crossroads - supporting your student's transition to UNC in and out of the classroom
- Student Panel - hear from current students and have your questions answered
- Disability Support Services
- Supporting Your Student "Bear Style" - A discussion facilitated by the Counseling Center regarding the challenges parents and support individuals may face as your student transitions to college.
- How to Pay Your UNC Bill
- Bear Essentials - information from the UNC Card office, Wells Fargo, Student Health Center, and Parking Services
- Breakout sessions with your student around academic support areas across campus
- Safety, Behavioral Expectations and Interventions - information from the Dean of Students Office and UNC Police Department
- Academic Expectations - learn about the Liberal Arts and online catalog and hear from some of our UNC faculty
- Living and Dining on Campus
- Parent Forum - your opportunity to have your lingering questions answered by Orientation staff and students
- University Fair - explore, with your student, the many ways to be involved at UNC
There will be time on Day One y to explore campus, check into overnight accommodations, shop in the bookstore, etc.
Lunch and Dinner are provided for you on Day One; breakfast and lunch on Day Two.
If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:00pm on Day Two of your session.