Parent Orientation Schedule - Freshman Dates
*This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
There are two check-in times and locations:
8:00-8:25am in the University Center - for students and family members participating in the I'm First Workshop
9:15-10:25am in Wiebking Hall - for students and family members not participating in the I'm First Workshop.
Pre-registered family members will check in for Parent Orientation with the student.
Day 1: 8am-6:30pm
- 8:30am - I'm First Workshop
- 10:30am - University Welcome
- Parent Crossroads - Expectations and how life may look for the student
- Lunch and Family Forum
- How to Pay Your UNC Bill - Bursar's Office and Office of Financial Aid
- 1:50pm-3:40pm - Taking Care of Business - Explore campus, visit offices, check in to accommodations
- Optional Housing Tour
- Bear Essentials
- Living and Dining at UNC
- 5:30pm - Dinner
Day 2: 7am-4pm
- 8:15am - Day Two Welcome
- Breakout Sessions
- Supporting Your Student Bear Style
- Introduction to Academics - Learning about graduation requirements like the Liberal Arts Core
- Lunch and University Fair
- Safety and Dean of Students and Disability Support Services
- Welcome to the Sleuth - OL's transitional experiences, writting a letter to student
- 4pm - Optional Campus Tours
If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 4pm on Day Two of your session.