- What to expect
- Orientation costs
- Overnight accommodations
- Schedule -
- Schedule - Transfer &
- Upcoming Dates
- Waiver information
Parent Orientation Schedule - Freshmen Dates
This schedule refers to our summer orientation program. For November and January session schedules, please refer to our Transfer & Non-Traditional Student Orientation schedule.
Subject to change; a complete schedule will be provided at check-in
Check-In (8:00am-9:00am, Wiebking Hall)
- Parking is available at the University Center, north (A) or south (B) lots. Simply walk across the street to Wiebking after parking.
Anyone with accessibility concerns should park on the upper level of the north (B) for easy access to and from the University Center.
- Pick up check-in materials (agenda, name tag, meal tickets, calendar, etc)
If you've pre-registered for Parent Orientation, you will check in with your student; otherwise you can register at our walk-in table.
Day One (9:15am to 6:30pm, start in the University Center)
- University Welcome (with your student)
- Parent Crossroads (the transition from high school to college)
- Disability Support Services
- Supporting your Student Bear Style
- Safety, Behavioral Expectations, and Interventions
- Bear Essentials (card office, Student Health, banking, Parking Services)
- How to Pay Your UNC Bill (with your student)
There is time in the afternoon before dinner (about 3:30-5:30pm) for campus appointments and checking into your overnight accommodations. If you would like to meet with Disability Support Services, please make an appointment at the end of Day Two with your student.
Day Two (8:15am-4:00pm)
- Day Two Welcome
- Breakout sessions (with your student)
- Living and Dining on Campus
- University Fair (with your student)
- Academic Expectations
- Parent Forum
- Campus tour (optional) at 3:00pm
Parents are provided meal tickets for lunch and dinner on Day One and breakfast and lunch on Day Two. Lunch on Day One will be with other parents, all other meals are with your student.