- What to send before
- What to expect
- What to bring with you
- Parking and Check-In
- Student Schedule
- I'm First Program
- Upcoming Dates
Freshmen Orientation Schedule
Subject to change; a complete schedule will be provided at check-in
Check-In (8:00am-9:00am, Wiebking Hall)
- Pick up check-in materials (agenda, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc)
- Room key pick-up for overnight stay in Wiebking
Day One (9:15am to 11:00pm, start in the University Center)
- University Welcome
- Team meetings with Orientation Leader
- UNC business offices: card office, Student Health, banking, Parking Services
- How to Pay Your UNC Bill
- Breakout sessions
- UNC History and Traditions
- Interactive Theater: "Are You Aware?" and Campus Safety
- Introduction to the online UNC Catalog and navigating URSA
- Housing and Residential Education/Off-Campus Living and Dining Services
- Night activities in Rec Center and Wiebking Hall
Students are provided overnight accommodations in Wiebking Hall. Each room has sheets, pillows, and towels; you will want to bring your own toiletries (including sun screen and bug spray). Extras you can bring might include a blanket, shower shoes, and alarm clock.
Day Two (8:15am-4:00pm, University Center)
- Team meeting with Orientation Leader
- Breakout sessions
- Success Tips by UNC Faculty
- University Fair
- Academic Advising and Course Registration
- Campus Tours (optional)
Students are provided meal tickets for lunch and dinner on Day One and breakfast and lunch on Day Two.
Students requesting disability accommodations during Orientation may contact Disability Support Services at 970-351-2289 at least one week in advance.
UNC Student Health Services will be offering FREE Meningitis vaccines for all new students during Orientation. A $200 value - while supplies last! If it has been 3 or more years since your last Meningitis vaccine, the CDC recommends a booster. Please refer to your Orientation schedule when you arrive for location and times.
If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:00pm on Day Two of your session.