- What to send before
- What to expect
- What to bring with you
- Parking and Check-In
- Student Schedule
- I'm First Program
- Upcoming Dates
- 2014 Student Staff
What to expect at Orientation
The following information refers to our summer orientation program. For information regarding November and January sessions, please read our description for Transfer & Non-Traditional Student Orientation.
This two-day program for incoming freshmen immerses students in the academic and social life of UNC. Students will attend sessions and activities in small groups led by an upperclassman Orientation Leader. At the end of the
second day, students will register for their Fall semester classes in a group setting.
During this Orientation, students will stay the night in Wiebking Hall and share a room with a student of the same gender.
- experience living in a residence hall and eating in a dining hall
- interact with others who are also beginning their college career
- be guided throughout Orientation by an upper-class student known as an Orientation Leader (OL). The OL will help new students identify campus resources as well as answer questions and provide advice about campus life. The OL team has been thoroughly trained in academic advising and will assist students in learning the academic policies and requirements of the university and the student's major program.
- have a photo taken for the UNC card
- set up an optional Wells Fargo student account
- register for classes with a professional or faculty advisor in a group setting (note that the advisor you meet with may not be the one assigned to you in the fall)
- learn about UNC and becoming a part of the Bear family!
STUDENTS MUST STAY FOR THE ENTIRE TWO-DAY PROGRAM IN ORDER TO REGISTER FOR COURSES.
Offices Represented at Orientation:
- Accounts Receivable
- Army ROTC
- Asian/ Pacific American Student Services
- Campus Recreation Center
- Center for Human Enrichment
- Cesar Chavez Cultural Center
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- Counseling Center
- Dean of Students
- Dining Services
- Disability Support Services
- Financial Aid
- Health Center
- Honors Program
- Housing & Residential Education
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Monfort College of Business
- Native American Student Services
- Parking Services
- Presidential Leadership Program
- Registrar Office
- Student Employment
- Study Abroad Program
- Student Activities
- UNC Card Office
- UNC Police Department
- University Libraries
- Veteran Services
- Wells Fargo Bank
Note: we cannot guarantee that every office listed above will be at every session.