First-Year Students Entering in the Spring
Welcome new incoming students! We are excited to have you join the UNC Bear community!
The one-day in person Orientation is required for all First-Year (new first-time to college) students. Once logged into the orientation system, you will complete Pre-Orientation prior to selecting an orientation date to make a reservation for.
Orientation date availability is based on the student’s major and to which college it belongs.
Colleges and their Abbreviations:
- Education and Behavioral Sciences = EBS
- Humanities and Social Sciences = HSS
- Monfort College of Business = MCB
- Natural and Health Sciences = NHS
- Performing and Visual Arts = PVA
- University College = UC
Orientation Dates for Spring 2018 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
November 20, 2017
January 5, 2018
- If you are attending this last orientation session for Spring 2018 starting students, you will be able to move in to your permanent Spring housing assignment as of Thursday, January 4, 2018, after 3 p.m. So that housing is prepared for your arrival, each student will need to fill out the Early Arrival Sign Up (available November 13, 2017 on the Housing and Residential Education website). Students who do not fill out this link will not be approved to move in early. If your travel plans dictate dates outside of the aforementioned dates, please contact Housing and Residential Education (970-351-2721) by December 22, 2017 for daily rates and availability. Please note that the University is closed from December 23, 2017 through January 1, 2018. During this time HRE will not be accepting Early Arrival sign-ups. The survey will re-open January 2, 2018.
Note: This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
10 - 10:30 a.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- First-Year Essentials - Learn the Liberal Arts Core, graduation requirements, and review the online resources available.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students (new first-time and transfer) as well as current students a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors.
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for your UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.
You may park at Lots A, C, N, and T for your Orientation session. All those lots are near the University Center, where your Orientation will take place. You will need to print the parking permit for your Orientation session. The parking permit must be visibly displayed face up on the vehicle's windshield in order for it to be valid.
The printable parking permit will be sent to you as a part of your Orientation reminder email, which is sent seven days prior to your Orientation session.
There is no need to park anywhere else during Orientation, but if you wish to park somewhere else, you will need to buy a day pass from one of the Pay to Park daily parking dispensers.
University Center Address: 2045 10th Ave, Greeley, CO 80639