First-Year Students Entering in the Spring
Welcome new incoming students! We are excited to have you join the UNC Bear community!
The one-day in person Orientation is required for all First-Year (new first-time to college) students. Once logged into the orientation system, you will complete Pre-Orientation prior to selecting an orientation date to make a reservation for.
Orientation date availability is based on the student’s major and to which college it belongs.
First-Year Students Entering Spring 2019:
You will be able to begin accessing the orientation system when it goes live in Mid-October. At which time, you may start completing Pre-Orientation and make your reservation to attend in-person Orientation.
Colleges and their Abbreviations:
- Education and Behavioral Sciences = EBS
- Humanities and Social Sciences = HSS
- Monfort College of Business = MCB
- Natural and Health Sciences = NHS
- Performing and Visual Arts = PVA
- University College = UC
Orientation Dates for Spring 2019 Entering Students:
To view the current and most accurate sessions available, please log in to the orientation system. The orientation system updates live. The dates listed below are for reference only.
To be Announced
Note: This is a tentative schedule and subject to change. The final schedule with details will be given to participants at check-in.
10 - 10:30 a.m.
Check-In in the University Center
- Check-in is on the 2nd floor around the fireplace.
- Pick up check-in materials (schedule, handouts, name tag, meal tickets, advising materials, etc).
10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- First-Year Essentials - Learn the Liberal Arts Core, graduation requirements, and review the online resources available.
- Lunch & University Welcome - Get to know other incoming students (new first-time and transfer) as well as current students a small-group setting.
- University Fair - An opportunity to meet with campus departments that may be important to the holistic UNC experience.
- Advising and Registration. The end time is dependent on individual registration time.
Note: Parents and support people will be able to hear information about UNC's Liberal Arts Core, the online catalog, and get any lingering questions answered while you are being advised.
- Optional campus tours by Admissions Ambassadors.
- There will be multiple opportunities to get picture taken for your UNC ID at the UNC card office.
- All students and registered parents will receive a lunch ticket.
- If you need to make any campus appointments, please schedule after 3:30 p.m.