This program, a combined effort between New Student Orientation, Outdoor Pursuits and Off-Campus Life, offers students the opportunity to develop relationships with other new students, student leaders, and staff or faculty. Service projects and outdoor adventures create an intimate environment that can alter the student experience before the first semester begins!
You may choose from one of the following activities. Please note that you must have attended Orientation prior to the trip. All trips begin on a Thursday, the second day of selected Orientation sessions, and will meet soon after the Orientation session concludes.
- June 13-15 (three days and two nights of camping)
Whitewater Rafting down the Cache La Poudre River near Ft. Collins, Colorado
Pre-Registration: $200, After June 7th- $225
* must be comfortable in water. Wilderness camping experience; no special equipment necessary but anyone wishing to bring your own gear is highly encouraged to do so
- June 20-22 (three days and two nights of lodging on campus)
Greeley Exposed Service Project in Greeley, Colorado
Pre-Registration: $125, After June 14th- $150
- June 27-29 (three days and two nights of lodging at Old Man Mountain Cabin)
Horseback Riding and Outdoor Adventure Trips in Estes Park, Colorado
Pre-Registration: $200, After June 21th- $225
- July 18-20 (three days and two nights of lodging on campus)
UNC Connection through Action (Adventure and Service) in Greeley, Colorado
Pre-Registration: $125, After July 12th- $150
Things to consider:
- The cost of each trip covers food, transportation, lodging, permit fees, registration costs and equipment. An email will be sent out with a receipt when your registration is processed.
- At least five (5) UNC upperclassmen and two UNC staff, whom are experienced and trained in outdoor trip safety, lead all trips.
- You will need to print and sign required waiver forms (see below) before trip departure. Parental/ Legal Guardians signature is required on all waivers if you are under the age of 18.
- Read the “Trip FAQ” sheet (see below) to help answer any questions you may have about each trip.
- You will be able to start forming friendships with other first year students and gain insight from student leaders on how to be successful during your first year.
There are only 25 spots available for each trip, so sign up early. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To reserve your spot and make a payment or for any questions, please contact Daniel Lawrence, Coordinator of Outdoor Pursuits, at 970-351-2643 or Daniel.Lawrence@unco.edu.
For more information about the participating programs, please visit the websites: