Resources for Teaching Online
One of the keys to our educational successes in online learning is the faculty who design, develop, and deliver the online courses. It is your committed work that allows online students to receive the same excellent content and facilitation as face-to-face students.
To support these efforts, the University of Northern Colorado is committed to implementing Quality Matters standards for the design of online courses. We are systematically building and evaluating our courses based on these rigorous, research-based standards. UNC recognizes that Quality Matters standards promote learner engagement and provide students with the tools and information they need to be successful learners. More information regarding Quality Matters may be found at www.qualitymatters.org.
Instructional Design and Development (IDD) Support
Take advantage of the amazing support services from the Instructional Design and Development group (IDD) on their Blackboard Support Resources site. You'll find critical resources to help you develop and deliver your online courses.
On the Blackboard Support Resources Site
IDD assists all faculty who develop online courses—through all phases of online development; the incorporation of Quality Matters; and support for enhancing existing online courses. You'll have access to the following:
- Background information on online teaching and learning
- Instructor Toolkit to help first-time online instructors
- Information about attending a Faculty Orientation to Online Learning
- Reference guides and tutorials for building courses in Blackboard
- Training opportunities through IDD and the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- Consultation with instructional designers