OUR Research/Creative Endeavor Support Stipends
The Office of Undergraduate Research will offer Research/Creative Endeavor Stipends and Support Grants toward undergraduate scholarship for Spring 2018. UNC Undergraduate students may apply for assistance for research supplies, travel, conference presentations/performances, or as support for research and creative endeavors. Faculty, Staff, Graduate Students are not eligible to apply.
Stipends will be awarded in amounts up to $1000 per student, per semester. While there is no guarantee of a full stipend, OUR will fund as many eligible requests as possible.
Information will be forthcoming, however, please see below for awards criteria.
- Standard research projects such as are conducted in science, social science, education, and academic disciplines.
- Creative endeavors in humanities, business, and other disciplines, which recognize such endeavors as scholarship.
- Presentation of research and/or creative endeavors at a conference.
- Conference attendance
- Clinic or master class attendance
- Membership dues for professional organizations
- Reports from Summer Stipend recipients are due no later than November 17, 2017
- Submissions to Undergraduate Research Journal Due December 1, 2017
- Applications for Spring 2018 Stipends, Due February 15, 2018
- Applications for Summer 2018 Stipends, Due March 30, 2018
- Reports from Fall Stipend recipients are due no later than April 27, 2018
General Due Dates
Due dates for each stipend will appear in the yellow sidebar of all OUR web pages. In general, however, due dates will be as follows:
Summer Stipends: Applications will be due in Late March. Students will be notified of awards around the middle of April. Awards, however, will not be issued until the beginning of the new fiscal year, which begins on July 1, with funds being dispersed within the first week of July. This is not optimal, but it is necessary given the timing of UNC's Fiscal Year, and the loading of budgets.
Fall Stipends: Applications will be due in late September. Students will be notified of awards around the middle of October. Funds will be processed as quickly as possible after students are notified.
Spring Stipends: Applications will be due in mid-February. Students will be notified of awards around the first of March. Funds will be processed as quickly as possible after students are notified.