Welcome students to Fall 2017. Please check out the Grants/Stipends page for information on the fall Research/Creative Endeavor stipends as well as the Workshops/Conferences page for information on how to submit an abstract for our Fall Symposium.
UNC Undergraduate Research Spring 2017
Congratulations to all UNC students who represented us at various conferences and festivals throughout the country this spring. Also congratulations to all students who participated in UNC's Research Day.
Congratulations to all who participated in UNC's 2017 Research Day
UNC Presents at NCUR 2017
The following students presented papers at the 31st Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research in Memphis, TN last April:
Christen Ayers, "Learning the Language of Math"
Melissa Chowning "An Inside View: Childhood Stress at the Greek Colony, Himera"
Alexis Corcoran, Alyssa Shepherd, & Carly Browning , "Characterization of Luminal and Basal-like Breast Cancer Cells in Relation to BCL11A Genomic Editing"
Emily Doerner, "Forest Cover and Change in the Kashmir Valley: Militarization, Environmental Degradation, and Adaptation"
Everardo Reyes, "Music Deserts: How social inequality affects accessibility to musical resources important to actively participating in music "
The Office of Undergraduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) provides support and recognition for undergraduate student research and creative endeavors for all Colleges at the University of Northern Colorado, furthering the University's goals for active learning, creativity, and original research. OUR also provides opportunities for grants, presentations and performances at symposiums and publication through URSIDAE, the Undergraduate Research Journal.
Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research
Dr. Janice Dickensheets
Assistant Professor of Music, Music History and Literature
- Reports from Spring Stipend recipients are due no later than September 8, 2017
- Applications for Fall 2017 Stipends, Due September 28, 2017
- Abstracts for Fall 2017 Symposium, Due October 6, 2017
- Fall Symposium, November 15, 3:00-6:00
- Reports from Summer Stipend recipients are due no later than November 17, 2017
- Submissions to Undergraduate Research Journal Due December 1, 2017
- Applications for Spring 2018 Stipends, Due February 15, 2018
- Applications for Summer 2018 Stipends, Due March 30, 2018
- Reports from Fall Stipend recipients are due no later than April 27, 2018
Undergraduate Research Journal
To view the newest journal issue including articles from 2016-17 visit the journal at http://digscholarship.unco.edu/urj/
As a matter of note, the URJ is published electronically, available via the web and is a fully open access journal. All works published in the URJ are published under an attribution, non-commercial, and share-alike Creative Commons license. Copyright is retained by the author.