Safe Party Tips
- ANSWER the door for Police; municipal search warrants take 60 minutes to get.
- If you get a knock from police, expect a TICKET (not a warning).
- CAMPFIRES need to be in approved containers within the city limits.
- Greeley PD does NOT target UNC students, they want you to BE SAFE and ENJOY
- The police have STRICT ENFORCEMENT POLICIES for underage consumption
(marijuana & alcohol) and DUIs.
- UNLAWFUL NOISE tickets (up to $1,000 fine) are issued when noise is heard at the
property line or 50 feet from a car.
- You can go to JAIL for many MUNICIPAL CODE VIOLATIONS (including loud parties,
underage consumption, disorderly conduct, RESISTING an officer, REPEAT
- PUBLIC INTOXICATION is not a crime in Colorado, but you can be transported to
DETOX or JAIL for detox-refusals.
- STEER CLEAR of unfamiliar neighborhoods and unlit roadways and NEVER WALK
ALONE at night.
- If you need HELP (non-emergency), call UNC PD at 970-351-2245 or GREELEY PD
What to do When Hosting a Gathering
- Know your NEIGHBORS and keep them in the loop.
- You are assuming LIABILITY (for all behavior and outcomes).
- Designate a SOBER HOST.
- MONITOR noise and complaints.
- Provide FOOD and NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS for minors, designated drivers, and
- Make CLEAN-UP easy (have plenty of garbage bins, use paper or plastic).
- CONFISCATE keys and help guests find a safer way home.
- SAFE HAVEN LAW: always call 911 if you suspect alcohol poisoning to avoid