You have the right to:
- Receive factual information about costs, aid opportunities, program policies, etc., through publications and correspondence.
- Confidentiality. All financial aid information submitted to the Office of Financial Aid will remain confidential according to the University policy regarding the release of information from student records pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1976.
- An answer. Any questions concerning the determination of your award can be answered by a professional staff member in the Office of Financial Aid.
- Accept all or part of the assistance offered. An award of one type of aid is not contingent upon acceptance of another.
- Have your financial need recalculated if there has been a significant change in your family financial situation. This does not always result in an increase in your award.
- Examine your financial aid records. You may request a review with a financial aid administrator on a walk-in basis. Dependent students cannot review their parents' income information. Parents/spouses cannot view an independent student's information without written consent.
- Fair treatment. The University of Northern Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or age.
Financial Aid Administrators’ Code of Conduct