Transferring Students

If you are transferring to the University of Northern Colorado from another college, you should:

  • Let your former school know about the transfer as soon as possible so they can cancel any processed aid. Please be aware that aid from one school to another can vary greatly, due to differing costs of attendance, award requirements, etc.
  • Request that your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) data be sent to UNC. This may be done by adding the appropriate school code to the FAFSA online (, on a paper Student Aid Report (SAR), or by calling 1-800-433-3243. UNC’s school code is 001349.
  • Inform applicable state of Colorado financial aid sources of that you’re transferring to UNC.
  • Notify donors of any scholarships or grants from outside sources of your transfer so they can send future disbursements to the correct school.