University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 92
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph.D.: University of Georgia (Science Education)
- M.Ed.: Clarion University (Science Education)
- B.S.: St. Francis College (Biology)
Research/Areas of Interest
My research interests include K-12 teacher development, technology in education and
science safety. In the fall 2004, I received a grant award to develop an on-line microbiology
course for elementary and middle school teachers. This course is currently being designed
and will be offered in the summer 2005. Additionally, I am working with Ann Ratcliffe
of the MAST Intstitute to research safety practices in secondary science classrooms
and studying the impact on student achievement.
Peer- reviewed research publications
- Wilder, A., Brinkerhoff, J. & Higgins, T.M. (2003) Geographic information technologies +project-based science: A contextualized professional
development approach. Journal of Geography, 102 (6).
- Schaffer, L., Pinson, H. & Kokoski, T. (1998) Listening to Rain Sticks. Science and Children, 35, (5), 22-27.
- Kokoski, T.M. & Patton, M.M. (1997). Backpacking: Interactive science and mathematics for young children and their parents. Dimensions in Early Childhood Education, 25 (2), 11-16.