RSVP recruits and interviews interested volunteers age 55 and older; matching their skills, talents, interests, and time availability to appropriate volunteer assignments. Weld County RSVP has agreements with multiple non-profit agencies and civic agencies where volunteers can contribute their time and talents.
Standing Volunteer Opportunities
- Disaster Preparedness Program –Trained volunteers provide education and assistance regarding emergency response plans, drills, resources, and exercises.
- Bulk Mail Services - Volunteers label, stuff, fold, etc. mailings for civic and non-profit agencies.
- Grocery Shopping Service - Volunteers fill grocery orders at Hillside King Soopers for individuals who are homebound and unable to shop for themselves.
- Mentoring for Educational Success – Trained reading partners assist and mentor Elementary School children age K-4th grade with reading skills.
- SHOP - Seniors Helping Other People - Volunteers construct and install wheelchair ramps and complete minor home repairs for low-income seniors and handicapped individuals. Limited financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Veterans Program – At an annual event, our program provides services and support for homeless veterans in Weld County.