RSVP recruits and interviews interested volunteers age 55 and older; matching their skills, talents, interests, and time availability to appropriate volunteer assignments. Weld County RSVP has agreements with multiple non-profit agencies and civic agencies where volunteers can contribute their time and talents.
If you are interested in joining the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, or if you wish to contact us please send an email to RSVP@unco.edu or call (970) 351-2588.
Note: Volunteers must be age 55 or older.
Standing Volunteer Opportunities
- Disaster Preparedness Program – Trained volunteers receive and provide education as well as volunteer at various organizations dedicated to disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Bulk Mail Services - Volunteers label, stuff, fold, etc. mailings for civic and non-profit agencies.
- Grocery Shopping Service - Volunteers fill grocery orders at Hillside King Soopers for individuals who are homebound and unable to shop for themselves.
- Mentoring for Educational Success – Trained reading partners assist and mentor Elementary School children age K-4th grade with reading skills.
- Seniors Helping Other People (SHOP) - Volunteers construct and install wheelchair ramps for seniors. Limited financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Veterans Program – At an annual event, our program provides services and support for homeless veterans in Weld County.
Please see the latest edition of the newsletter to view current volunteer opportunities.
For more information or to volunteer please call RSVP at 970-351-2588