James Gould, PhD
Office: Gunter 1208
- PhD, Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management, Clemson University, 2005
- MS, Recreation Administration, Georgia Southern University, 2000
- BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, Georgia Southern University, 1997
- Introduction to Recreation, Tourism, and Hospitality (RTH 203)
- Event Leadership (RTH 232)
- Administration of Recreation, Tourism, and Hospitality Services (RTH 451)
- Evaluation and Research in Recreation and Tourism (RTH 490)
- Construction and Development of Psychometric Instruments in Leisure Behavior
- Special Event Tourism
- Natural Resource Management
- Environmental Ethics
- Civic Tourism and Community Place-Building
Havard, C.T., Gray, D.P., Gould, J., Sharp, L.A., & Schaffer, J.J. (In press) Development and validation of the Sport Rivalry Fan Perception Scale (SRFPS). Journal of Sport Behavior.
Thomas, D., Gould, J., Gaede, D., & Jurin, R. (2012). Transformational Place Building: A Mixed Method Exploration of Small Businesses. The Journal of Enterprising Communities. 5(4), 286-299.
Gould, J., Moore, D., Karlin, N., Gaede, D., Walker, J., & Dotterweich, A. (2011). Measuring Serious Leisure in Chess: Model Confirmation and Method Bias. The Journal of Leisure Sciences. 33, 332-340.
Gaede, D., & Gould, J. (2012, January). Community Controversy and Environmental Art: The ‘Over the River’ Project Debate. Presented at the 2nd International Tourism Conference; Tourism, Culture and The Creative Industries: Exploring the Linkages University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago.
Jurin, R., Thomas, D., Gould, J., & Gaede, D. (October, 2011) Transformative businesses help build sustainable place. Presented at The North American Association of Environmental Education, Raleigh, NC, October 11-15, 2011.
Gaede, D., & Gould, J. (2011, May). Civic Tourism and Creating a Sense of Place. Presented at the National Association of Interpreters International Conference. Soberania National Park Rainforest, Panama.
Havard, C., & Gould, J. (2010, October). Examining Participation Outcome Differences among Skill Levels of Paddling Participants. Presented at the 8th Annual Conference of the Sport Marketing Association. New Orleans, Louisiana.
Gould, J. (2010, August). Sustaining a Sense of Place: The Impact of Invasive Species on Recreational Boating and Economics in Larimer County Colorado. Presented at the Civic Tourism III annual conference. Fort Collins, Colorado.