Application Process and Admission Requirements
You must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews your request for admission. To apply, follow the instructions below. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
Complete the online UNC Graduate School application and pay the $50 application fee.
- Click on "MyUNC" to submit supplemental items.
- Scanned image of Commission on Dietetic Registration, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist active card.
- A personal statement (1,000 words maximum). Discuss experiences that have helped you prepare your career in nutrition and dietetics, short-term and long-term goals, strengths and weaknesses, experience in online education, and potential as a graduate student including research interest areas.
- Letters of recommendation from three individuals familiar with your academic or employment performance
- Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended since completing high school. UNC alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts. Transcripts must be official and can be sent electronically through a password secured digital program to firstname.lastname@example.org. UNC does not accept emailed, scanned or PDF transcripts sent from the applicant.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for admission.
- Please note: Graduate courses taken at another institution or at UNC must be taken within five calendar years of graduating from the MS in Dietetics program.