Program Costs and Expenses
In addition to your Undergraduate Tuition and Fees at UNC, additional BS Dietetics program expenses may include:
- FND 431 - Medical Nutrition Intervention Lab - You may need to purchase a background check ($20-35) and update your immunization records (available for no extra charge at the University Health Services).
- Transportation expenses may be incurred for the following courses:
- FND 410 - Professional Development Seminar
- FND 431/431L - Medical Nutrition Intervention Lab
- FND 446/446L - Foodservice Systems Management
- FND 452 - Community Nutrition
- Individual course materials, i.e. presentation posters ($5-40), textbooks ($300-500 per semester), and copying costs ($0-50 per semester) should be expected.
- Membership fees recommended for the program include:
- The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics ($50 student rate per year)
- The Northern Colorado Dietetic Association ($15 student rate per year)
- The Student Nutrition & Dietetics Association ($10 per year)
- Transportation costs should be expected to attend professional meetings and for practical experience.
- On occasion an online option for FND 310L - Introduction to Foods Laboratory is available. If you select the online version, you are responsible for the cost of food needed to complete lab experiments. Additional related costs include equipment, appliances, utensils, and a digital camera necessary to complete the labs.