Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Second Degree Program
- APPLICATION - closed for the Summer & Fall 2014 Cohorts
- Program Brochure
- Required Prerequisite Nursing Courses
- Prerequisite Course Equivalencies
(at Colorado Community Colleges)
- UNC Community College Transfer Guide
The UNC School of Nursing's Second Degree Nursing Program is specific to students who are seeking a BS in nursing as a second bachelor’s degree. This program prepares students for the rewards and challenges of professional nursing practice as well as providing a foundation for graduate study in nursing.
Students admitted to this full-time on-campus program begin in the Summer term and will complete the nursing courses in 20 months (five consecutive semesters), graduating in December of the following calendar year.
During the 20 months of study, students are involved in clinical nursing experiences in a variety of health care agencies including hospitals, nursing homes, industry, schools and community agencies, primarily in northeastern Colorado communities. Clinical experiences are concurrent with nursing theory (classes) and are guided by nursing faculty.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- CNA Training Programs
- Undergraduate Nursing Handbook (pdf)
- Financial Aid
- Course descriptions
- CPR course offerings
- Clearances (required after admitted to clinical nursing portion only)
Pre-Nursing Program Advisor:
Liz Osborn, MA
Office: Gunter Hall, Rm 3080