RN to BSN Degree Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Are clinical courses required?
Yes, there are two clinical courses that are arranged where students are living. Students are able to choose preceptorship locations (based on availability).
Is it necessary to come to the UNC Campus?
Yes, students are required to attend one day of orientation at the beginning of the program. Information about the orientation is sent when accepted into the program.
What requirements are needed for graduation?
- Completion of nursing prerequisites
- Completion of nursing online courses
- Completion of Liberal Arts Core requirements (LACs) for UNC either by taking courses or transfer. This may include completion of an AS degree at the community college or completion of the BS degree in another field.
What is the cost?
- Tuition rates are set each academic year. Visit the Office of Extended Studies and locate the most recent admitted RN-BSN Cohort to see current cost per credit hour.
- Access to a computer with high speed Internet access and virus protection is required. A personal computer is recommended.
- Texts for each class are required. The cost will vary with the course.
- Additional costs may be associated with this program.
The UNC RN-BSN Online Program is run through Extended Studies and is not eligible for Colorado Opportunity Fund. The COF site states that cash funded programs and those run through continuing education/extended studies are not eligible for COF.
What is needed to start the program?
- Contact Katrina Einhellig, the RN-BS Online Nursing Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Application is a 2-step process.
- Apply to UNC - the menu on the right will direct you to the online application forms. An application fee will be required. This is needed to evaluate your transcripts.
- Apply to the School of Nursing. You may download forms on this website. Send to UNC School of Nursing Attention: Katrina Einhellig, Gunter Hall, Campus Box 125, Greeley, CO 80639.
- Send official transcripts to:
UNC School of Nursing
Attention: Katrina Einhellig
Gunter Hall 3080, Campus Box 125
Greeley, CO 80639