Pre-Nursing Group Advising
Posted on behalf of MARION HUNTLEY
Registration for the Spring 2018 semester will be starting in November. I wanted to alert you all that we are moving into “peak advising time” for registration which means that we will meet in groups of up to 10 people. Unfortunately, my individual appointment times are pretty limited during peak times; however, I am available for individual appointments year-round, with the exception of "peak advising time." I recommend that you to sign up for a Group Advising appointment so that you can come in and get your PIN number, and then if you would like a follow-up individual appointment we can get that scheduled for after November 15th.
Group Advising sessions will meet in Gunter 2090, 2190, and 3460. You will need to plan on meeting for the full appointment time posted as there is a lot of information to cover. Group Advising Sessions may run over their scheduled end times so please do not sign up for a time if you have another scheduled meeting or class immediately following the advising session (give yourself a little bit of a time cushion).
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
You will receive an email with a link in it to schedule your Group Advising appointment.
When you go into the link to schedule your appointment time, times will only appear that will work with your class schedule. (For instance, if the PowerPoint presentation indicates that there’s an appointment time available on Monday at 11:00 am, and you have a class during that time, you will not be presented with that option).
The other important issue to note is that you will not have the ability at this time to cancel or change your appointment once you’ve scheduled it so please make sure that you choose your time wisely, and mark it down in your planner! Also, a reminder that I am unable to work around individual work schedules so you will want to plan accordingly.
- For student athletes and other early registrants (CHE, etc), I recommend that you attend one of the sessions in October.
- For all other students, I recommend that you attend one of the sessions in November.
- These are just recommendations and if you need to attend a date that isn't in your "recommended dates" you are certainly welcome to sign up for whatever session works best with your schedule.
- You will find the dates and times for the Group Advising Appointments at the end of the PowerPoint presentation.
- Please don't wait until the last minute…sometimes emergencies happen and an advising session has to be canceled and re-scheduled.
- We require that all Pre-Nursing students to go through the attached Advising PowerPoint presentation, bring a copy of their unofficial transcript, fill out an LAC checklist, check for holds, and bring a completed copy of the Pre-Nursing Course Plan & Advising Worksheet with them. You can locate a copy of the LAC checklist at: http://www.unco.edu/eled/pdfs/LAC%20Universal%20Checklist.pdf. We also encourage you to be an active participant in your academic progress and it is a great idea to check your degree evaluation in Degree Works to see what areas of your LACs might still be needed!
- ALL of the directions for what you need to do for the advising appointment are included in the PowerPoint presentation – it’s a lot of information and it should take care of many of your questions in advance.
- If a student schedules a Group Advising appointment and does not arrive to the appointment on time and with the required paperwork (transcripts, completed Pre-Nursing Course Plan & Advising Worksheet, and completed LAC checklist), they will be required to reschedule the appointment.
- We will be posting the PowerPoint and advising worksheet on our website as well in the next few days.
- These dates can be found on the Registrar's Website at: http://www.unco.edu/registrar/calendars/
- For a list of registration dates, please go to: http://www.unco.edu/registrar/registration/
- Please note that the Individual Course Withdrawal deadline is Monday, March 5th for courses that are scheduled for the entire semester.
- Courses that do not meet the entire semester have their own add/drop/withdrawal deadlines (please see the short-course calendar on the Registrar’s website for course specific deadlines)