Ph.D. in Nursing Education
Admission and Application
The application deadline for all admissions material for
the Fall 2014 start is January 31, 2014.
**Students from the following states ARE NOT eligible for admission to this online program:
Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Ohio, and Tennessee
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Admission Requirements and Application Process
The following are admission requirements for the UNC, School of Nursing doctoral program. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate School Requirements:
Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- Completion of a bachelors of Science in nursing from an accredited nursing program and a master’s degree from an accredited program in nursing or related field.
- GRE scores - must have been taken within 5 years of application
- GPA 3.0 minimum (4.0 scale)
One official transcript (recommend two) from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (Send to the Graduate School). (If previous coursework was from UNC, no copies are required)
- NOTE : If you have previously been admitted to the UNC Nursing Education Certificate Program, you have already applied to the Graduate School; please send an email to Linda.Sisson@unco.edu indicating that “I have been admitted to the Nursing Education Certificate Program and am now applying for the PhD in Nursing- please forward my file accordingly”.
TOEFL Scores for international applicants (send to the Graduate School if applicable)
Nursing graduate program requirements
(send these directly to School of Nursing Attn: PHD Program, Application by electronic submission, post or FAX):
Three letters of recommendation
- One addressing the applicant’s experience with / interest in / potential for nursing education, and professional leadership skills
- One from a seasoned nursing educator addressing the applicant’s academic potential
- One letter from a reference of the student’s choice (i.e. Dean, peers, former students etc.).
Two years teaching experience recommended.
Proof of licensure as a registered nurse (send to the School of Nursing)
Personal statement of future goals / interest in nursing education (2 page maximum; 12 font, 1 inch paper margins) (send to the School of Nursing)
Current vita or resume (send to the School of Nursing)
Example of scholarly work or project.
Only files that are complete by the application deadline will be entertained for application screening. Applicants will be notified by the UNC Graduate School when all materials have been received. To avoid delay in notification, contact the School of Nursing immediately with any changes in name, address or telephone numbers.
**IMPORTANT: Recent changes in federal regulations relating to our ability to deliver online education have uncovered onerous application and fee requirements from several states. As a result, at this time, the University of Northern Colorado is unable to accept applications for online courses or programs from students located in the following states: Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Ohio and Tennessee.