APPLICATION - Master of Science: Nursing
Family Nurse Practitioner Emphasis
The application deadline for all admissions material for
the Fall 2014 start is January 31, 2014.
To apply, compile a packet of materials to go to the Grad school (see items below) and another packet of materials to send to the School of Nursing (see items below). Failure to submit all required materials in each of the packets will delay evaluation and screening of your application.
Note: You must be admitted to the UNC Graduate School before the School of Nursing reviews your request.
Graduate School Requirements:
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- One official transcript (recommend two) from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (send to the Graduate School)
- GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- TOEFL Scores for international applicants (send to the Graduate School if applicable)
Mail transcripts to:
Attn: Linda Sisson
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
School of Nursing Graduate Program Requirements
(send these directly to School of Nursing Attn: FNP Program, Application by electronic submission Jacqueline.email@example.com, post or FAX 970-351-1707):
- Application to the School of Nursing Program
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an NLN or AACN accredited institution (from vita or resume)
- Proof of or eligibility for current Colorado licensure as a registered nurse (send to the School of Nursing)
- A written statement of career goals (send to the School of Nursing)
- Current vita or resume documenting clinical experience (1 year preferred) (send to the School of Nursing)
- Two letters of recommendation (send to the School of Nursing)
Applications are reviewed once annually; admission is competitive.
Applications must be received by the Graduate School by February 1 in order to start a nursing graduate program the following fall semester.