APPLICATION - Master of Science: Nursing
Family Nurse Practitioner Emphasis
The application deadline for all admissions material for
the Spring 2015 start is July 15, 2014.
As of November 2013, this program will start each spring semester. There will be no admissions for a Fall 2014 start. The next program start date will be January 2015. The application deadline for all admissions material for Spring 2015 start is July 15, 2014. If interested in a Fall start, please check the BSN to DNP FNP program.
To apply, compile a packet of materials to go to the Grad school (see items below) and another packet of materials to send to the School of Nursing (see items below). Failure to submit all required materials in each of the packets will delay evaluation and screening of your application.
Note: You must be admitted to the UNC Graduate School before the School of Nursing reviews your request.
STEP 1 - Graduate School Requirements:
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- One official transcript (recommend two) from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (send to the Graduate School)
- GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- TOEFL Scores for international applicants (send to the Graduate School if applicable)
Mail transcripts to:
Attn: Linda Sisson
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
STEP 2 - School of Nursing Graduate Program Requirements
The admissions committee will review the submitted materials and focus on previous academic performance, professional activities, clinical experiences, and professional goals. (send these directly to School of Nursing attn: FNP Program, application by electronic submission, post or FAX):
- Application to the School of Nursing Program
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an NLN/ACEN or CCNE accredited institution (from vita or resume)
- Proof of or eligibility for current Colorado licensure as a registered nurse (send to the School of Nursing)
- A written statement of career goals (send to the School of Nursing)
- Current vita or resume documenting clinical experience (1 year preferred) (send to the School of Nursing)
- Two letters of recommendation (send to the School of Nursing)
Applications are reviewed once annually; admission is competitive.
Applications must be received by the Graduate School by July 15th in order to start a nursing graduate program the following fall semester.