Master of Science: Nursing
Family Nurse Practitioner Emphasis
The application deadline for all admissions material for
the Spring 2017 start is July 1, 2016.
Applications are reviewed once annually; admission is competitive.
As of November 2013, this program will start each spring semester. The next program start date will be January 2017. If interested in a Fall start, please check the BSN to DNP FNP program.
To apply, compile a packet of materials to go to the Grad school (see items below) and another packet of materials to send to the School of Nursing (see items below). Failure to submit all required materials in each of the packets will delay evaluation and screening of your application.
Note: You must be admitted to the UNC Graduate School before the School of Nursing reviews your request.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(You may complete Steps 1 and 2 simultaneously.The completion of both steps will constitute a complete application.)
STEP 1 - UNC Graduate School Requirements:
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- One official transcript from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (If previous coursework was from UNC, no copies are required)
- GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- TOEFL Scores for international applicants (send to the Graduate School if applicable)
Mail transcripts to:
UNC Graduate School
501 20th Street
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
STEP 2 - UNC School of Nursing Graduate Program Application Requirements
The admissions committee will review the submitted materials and focus on previous academic performance, professional activities, clinical experiences, and professional goals.
- Application to the School of Nursing (please follow link to complete)
The following can be attached while filling out the online SON application or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax 970-351-1707 or by regular mail (Attn: FNP Program Application)
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an NLN/ACEN or CCNE accredited institution
- Proof of or eligibility for current Colorado licensure as a registered nurse
- One (1) year minimum clinical RN experience preferred.
- A written statement of career goals
- Current vita or resume documenting clinical experience (1 year preferred)
- Two letters of recommendation
Further questions? Please contact email@example.com