POST MASTERS in Nursing to DNP Pathway
Accepting applications for the Fall start, admission is competitive
**Students from the following states ARE NOT eligible for admission to this online program: Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Maryland, Ohio and Tennessee.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(you may complete these 2 steps simultaneously)
STEP 1 - Graduate School Requirements:
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- Completion of a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing program (NLN/ACEN or CCNE) and a master’s degree from an accredited program in nursing or related field.
- GPA 3.0 minimum (4.0 scale)
Mail transcripts to:
UNC Graduate School
501 20th Street
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
STEP 2 - School of Nursing Graduate Program Requirements
The admissions committee will review the submitted materials and focus on previous academic performance, professional activities, clinical experiences, and professional goals.
- Application to the School of Nursing Post Masters DNP Program
The following can be attached while filling out the online SON application or sent by email to email@example.com, or via fax 970-351-1707 or by regular mail (Attn: AGACNP-MS Program Application)
- Preparation as Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with documentation of national certification as an APN.
- Minimum of 500 clinical practicum hours in the APN master’s program.
- Eligibility for Colorado licensure as a registered nurse and APN.
- Three letters of recommendation from former faculty, supervisor, and/or professional colleagues that address your ability to complete a clinical doctorate.
- Submission of a brief sample of professional writing (maximum of 10 pages). Examples:
- Describe a scholarly evidence based case study that best exemplifies your practice.
- Describe a current practice related concept including its scope and significance, the patient population and the clinical setting of interest. Discuss alternative approaches described in the literature and identify an approach that you might take in addressing the concept.
Mailing address for hardcopy submission:
School of Nursing
University of Northern Colorado
Gunter Hall 2662
Campus Box 125
Greeley, CO 80639
**IMPORTANT: Recent changes in federal regulations relating to our ability to deliver online education have uncovered onerous application and fee requirements from several states. As a result, at this time, the University of Northern Colorado is unable to accept applications for online courses or programs from students located in the following states: Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Maryland, Ohio and Tennessee.
For application specific questions, contact: