POST BACHELORS in Nursing to DNP Pathway
Applications for the Fall 2015 start due February 2, 2015.
Applications are reviewed once annually; admission is competitive.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(NOTE: Applicants will be notified by the UNC Graduate School when all materials have been received. To avoid delay in notification, contact the School of Nursing immediately with any changes in name, address, email or telephone numbers.)
STEP 1 - Graduate School Requirements (send the following to the Graduate School):
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- Completion of a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing program (NLN/ACEN or CCNE)
- GPA 3.0 minimum (4.0 scale)
- One official transcript (recommend two) from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (If previous coursework was from UNC, no copies are required)
- TOEFL Scores (for international applicants)
Mail transcripts to:
Attn: Linda Sisson
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
STEP 2 - School of Nursing Graduate Program Requirements
The admissions committee will review the submitted materials and focus on previous academic performance, professional activities, clinical experiences, and professional goals.
(Send these directly to School of Nursing Attn: DNP Program, Application by electronic submission, post or FAX):
- Application to the School of Nursing Program
- One (1) year minimum clinical RN experience preferred.
- Eligibility for Colorado licensure as a registered nurse.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Career goal statement articulating 'why' a practice doctorate as a Family Nurse Practitioner is for you.
- Submission of a brief sample of professional writing (maximum of 10 pages). Examples:
- Describe a scholarly evidence based case study that best exemplifies your professional nursing practice.
- Describe a professional nursing practice related concept including its scope and significance, the patient population and the clinical setting of interest.
- Discuss alternative approaches described in the literature and identify an approach that you might take in addressing the concept.
- Sources of this submission can be from nursing school scholarly papers or from current professional nursing practice.
- Three letters of recommendation from former faculty, supervisor, and/or professional colleagues that address your capabilities to complete a clinical doctorate and to be a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Mailing address for hardcopy submission:
School of Nursing
University of Northern Colorado
Gunter Hall 2662
Campus Box 125
Greeley, CO 80639
For coursework specific questions, contact the advisor:
For application specific questions, contact: