POST BACHELORS in Nursing to DNP Pathway
Applications due February 1st for the Fall start
Applications are reviewed once annually; admission is competitive.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(you may complete these 2 steps simultaneously)
STEP 1 - Graduate School Requirements:
- Complete a UNC Graduate School Application form and pay the current application fee. (You must create a UNC user account to access the online application.)
- Completion of a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing program (NLN/ACEN or CCNE)
- GPA 3.0 minimum (4.0 scale)
- One official transcript from every accredited college or university attended since high school. (If previous coursework was from UNC, no copies are required)
- TOEFL Scores (for international applicants)
Mail transcripts to:
UNC Graduate School
501 20th Street
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
STEP 2 - School of Nursing Graduate Program Requirements
The admissions committee will review the submitted materials and focus on previous academic performance, professional activities, clinical experiences, and professional goals.
- Application to the School of Nursing Program
The following can be attached while filling out the online SON application or sent by email to email@example.com, or via fax 970-351-1707 or by regular mail (Attn: AGACNP-MS Program Application)
- One (1) year minimum clinical RN experience preferred.
- Eligibility for Colorado licensure as a registered nurse.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Career goal statement articulating 'why' a practice doctorate as a Family Nurse Practitioner is for you.
- Submission of a brief sample of professional writing (maximum of 10 pages). Examples:
- Describe a scholarly evidence based case study that best exemplifies your professional nursing practice.
- Describe a professional nursing practice related concept including its scope and significance, the patient population and the clinical setting of interest.
- Discuss alternative approaches described in the literature and identify an approach that you might take in addressing the concept.
- Sources of this submission can be from nursing school scholarly papers or from current professional nursing practice.
- Three letters of recommendation from former faculty, supervisor, and/or professional colleagues that address your capabilities to complete a clinical doctorate and to be a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Mailing address for hardcopy submission:
School of Nursing
University of Northern Colorado
Gunter Hall 2662
Campus Box 125
Greeley, CO 80639
For application specific questions, contact: