Prospective Transfer Student Information
Admission to UNC and Pre-Nursing Advising
- APPLICATION - closed for the Summer & Fall 2014 Cohorts
- Program Brochure
- Required Prerequisite Nursing Courses
- Prerequisite Course Equivalencies
(at Colorado Community Colleges)
- UNC Community College Transfer Guide
- Back to Traditional Program Main Page
- School of Nursing Admission Overview
As a potential transfer student, we encourage you to visit our campus! Nursing Spotlights are short information sessions for any potential student, comprised of about an hour long group meeting/presentation with a School of Nursing faculty member and a tour of the nursing school facility. An optional campus tour is available following the meeting.
Application for entry into the upper division clinical nursing major is a separate application from the UNC application. Therefore, individuals are required to be admitted to UNC prior to applying to the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing application is available online in early November and is submitted during a designated timeframe in January every year.
Transfer Student Admission to UNC
If you are seeking a bachelor's degree in nursing at UNC you will need to meet the UNC undergraduate admission requirements for the academic year for which you are applying. See the UNC Catalog for current admission requirements.
The UNC Office of Admissions does accept applications year round and reviews them on a rolling basis, which means you will receive an admission to UNC decision two to three weeks after submitting your application including all supporting documents.
For admission to UNC, complete the following steps:
- Apply and be accepted to UNC (this will involve receiving a student Bear ID number).
- Have a transfer evaluation completed (occurs automatically when your application for admission is completed and may take anywhere between
2-4 weeks). Click here for instructions on how to view the report.
- Receive your student Bear ID#
Advising for Admitted Transfer Students
- The School of Nursing requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale of most recent 45 credit hours for application.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required in each of the prerequisite courses (or course equivalent). “C-” is not acceptable.
- For specific admission criteria visit
School of Nursing Admission Information
Once the three steps above are completed call the School of Nursing office to schedule your appointment with the pre-nursing advisor, 970-351-2293.
- Have your Bear ID# ready to reserve your appointment time.
- Print and bring your transfer evaluation paperwork to the appointment
All required prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester of application to the School of Nursing. Not all required prerequisite courses are offered every semester so careful planning between you and your advisor will be necessary.
Back to Traditional BSN Program Information