Traditional and Second Degree BSN Programs
Admission to the School of Nursing
- Program Brochure
- Required Prerequisite Nursing Courses
- Prerequisite Course Equivalencies
(at Colorado Community Colleges)
- UNC Community College Transfer Guide
Application for entry into the upper division clinical nursing major is a separate application from the UNC application. Applications are posted in November and accepted in January during the specified timeframe on the application. At the time of application to the School of Nursing, students must...
...be fully admitted to UNC;
...be considered active for the following summer semester;
...have completed all nursing prerequisite courses or be enrolled in remaining courses that will be completed prior to mid-May of the year of admission in to the nursing program; and
...have recently completed a CNA course or hold a current CNA license.
The School of Nursing application is available online in early November and is submitted during a designated timeframe in January every year. An application information meeting is held each fall to explain applications and answer questions about the selection process and criteria.
Those admitted to the Traditional program will begin in the subsequent summer or fall semester.
Those admitted to the Second Degree program will begin in the subsequent summer semester.
Admission is based on:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale of most recent 45 credit hours.
- Computation of GPA will be calculated using the GPA of the most recent 45 credit hours of coursework
and the GPA from all of the completed nursing prerequisite courses except BIO
- High School Advanced Placement scores are not factored into GPA.
- Grades from technical courses such as CNA, EMT, etc. will not be included.
- Grades from remedial course work will not be counted.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required in each of the prerequisite courses (or course
equivalent). “C-” is not acceptable. If a student is admitted to the Nursing program and
earns less than a grade of “C” in any of the prerequisite courses or course equivalent, their
admission to the Nursing Program will be rescinded.
- Completion and verification of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course.
Criteria for admission are subject to change. If applicant is not accepted into the nursing program, the student may reapply the following year. There is no waitlist.