Mission and Vision
Mission of the College of Natural and Health Sciences
The College’s Leadership/Management Task Force developed in spring 2005 the following draft mission statement for the College of Natural and Health Sciences. College personnel will seek to finalize the mission statement in the 2005-2006 academic year.
The College of Natural and Health Sciences at the University of Northern Colorado serves the people of Colorado and the nation through the advancement and dissemination of fundamental knowledge, by providing high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction, and by applying knowledge to solve problems in areas of natural and health sciences and science-related instruction. To achieve this mission, the College supports:
- Foundational undergraduate education, academic degrees and professional preparation in natural, health, human, and mathematical sciences to prepare citizens to understand and use these disciplines in their lives and careers in the 21st Century.
- Focused graduate programs in natural and health sciences and related areas of science education, preparing teachers, college professors and other professionals.
- Basic and applied research in all areas of the natural and health sciences represented in the college, including externally supported activities.
- K-12 teacher preparation in disciplines represented in the college.
- Outreach and service programs supporting K-12 teachers and students, health and service professional, schools, health care organizations, businesses and government agencies.
Vision of the College of Natural and Health Sciences
The newly established College of Natural and Health Sciences is currently in the process of developing its vision statement.