Please visit my new website here and update your bookmarks accordingly.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Iowa in December 2009. I am currently a Visiting Lecturer of Computer Science at University of Northern Colorado.
In Spring 2012, I am teaching Computer Science Programming (CG120), Introduction to Computer Science (CS101), Structured Programming in C++ (CS102), and Algorithms and Data Structure (CS301).
My primary research interests lie in stabilization and fault tolerance in distributed systems.
Modern distributed systems span multiple administrative domains, and processes have selfish
motives to optimize their own payoff. Maximizing individual payoffs under the umbrella of
stabilization characterizes the notion of selfish stabilization, which blends game theory with
traditional stabilization. I have also worked on algorithms for fault containment and system
availability, two related problems in distributed systems, including fault tolerance issues in
health information systems. Stabilization research has potential applications in varied fields
- e.g., sensor networks, peer-to-peer networks, mobile computing, topology update, clock
synchronization, and many others.
My doctoral advisor is Dr. Sukumar Ghosh.
- Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh, Xin Xiao: Fault-Containment in Weakly-Stabilizing Systems. Special Issue: Self-* Systems of Theoretical Computer Science (2011).
- Andrew Berns, Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh: Stabilizing Pipelines for Streaming Applications. IPDPS 2010. Atlanta, GA.
- Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh, Xin Xiao: Fault-Containment in Weakly-Stabilizing Systems. SSS 2009. Lyon, France.
- Anurag Dasgupta: Selfish Stabilization in Maximum Flow Tree (poster). SSS 2008, Detroit, MI. (
- Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh: From Self Stabilization to Self Immunity (poster). SSS 2008, Detroit, MI.
- Johanne Cohen, Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh,Sébastien Tixeuil: An Exercise in Selfish stabilization. ACM TAAS 3(4): 2008. (pdf)
- Sukumar Ghosh, Anurag Dasgupta: Cooperating Mobile Agents. Mobile Agents in Networking and Distributed Computing. Book chapter to be published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2009. (pdf)
- Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh, Xin Xiao: Probabilistic Fault Containment. SSS 2007: 189-203. Paris, France. Received the Best Paper Award. (pdf)
- Naresh Kumar, Andrew Foster, S.N. Tripathi, Allen Chu, Lixun Xiaosen, Anurag Dasgupta: Predicting Air Quality by Aerosol Optical Depth from MODIS. Aerosol Science and Technology 2007. (pdf)
- Naresh Kumar, Andrew Foster, S.N. Tripathi, Allen Chu, Lixun Xiaosen, Anurag Dasgupta: Air Quality Estimates at High Spatial-Temporal Resolutions using MODIS Data. (pdf)
- Anurag Dasgupta, Sukumar Ghosh (University of Iowa), and Sébastien Tixeuil (Université Paris-Sud): Selfish Stabilization. SSS 2006: 231-243. Dallas, TX. (pdf)
Ph.D. in Computer Science
The University of Iowa, 2003 - 2009
Advisor: Dr. Sukumar Ghosh
MS in Computer Science
The University of Iowa, 2007
B.Tech. in Information Technology
Calcutta University, India 2000 - 2003
B. Sc. in Computer Science
Calcutta University, India 1997 - 2000
- 2011 Fall - Present
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, University of Northern Colorado.
- 2010 Fall - 2011 Spring
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, the University of Wisconsin - Platteville.
- 2010 Spring
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, the University of Iowa. Discrete Structures (22C: 019)
- 2009 Fall
- Visiting Faculty, Department of Computer Science, Cornell College, Iowa.
- 2006-2011 Summer
- Instructor for Fundamentals of Computer Science in Johns Hopkins University's CTY (Center for Talented Youth) program.
- Fall - RA for Dr. Jun Ni in Radiology.
- Spring - TA forPeer-to-Peer Networks (22C:196:001).
- Spring - TA for Limits of Computation (22C:131).
- Fall - Instructor for Computer Literacy (22C:001)..
- Spring - TA for Peer-to-peer Networks (22C:196:003).
- Fall - TA for Database Systems (22C:144).
- Spring - TA for Computer Organization (22C:060).
- Fall - TA for Software Engineering (22C:180).
- Spring - TA for Introduction to Computer Science (22C:005).
- Fall - TA for Introduction to Computer Science (22C:005).
- Summer - TA for System Software (22C:050), TA for Algorithms (22C:044).
- Spring - TA for Algorithms (22C:044).
- Fall - TA for Algorithms (22C:044).
- 2004 Summer - Visual Basic Programmer in the Gait Analysis Lab, The University of Iowa.
- 2011 Spring - Blackberry Project: Privacy Issues for Management Level Delivered via Mobile Devices (In Collaboration with Lufthansa and Hochschule Darmstadt, University of Applied Sciences - Hessen, Germany).
- The University of Iowa Summer Graduate Fellowship Award, 2008.
- Received the Best Paper Award at the 9th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, held in Paris, France, Nov. 14-16, 2007.
- Receieved the GSS Travel Funds award and IP Graduate Travel Award for SSS 2007 in Paris.
- Received The University of Iowa Student Government grant for SSS 2006 in Dallas.
- Traveling Scholarship from Calcutta University for pursuing Ph.D. in University of Iowa, 2003.
University of Northern Colorado
2230B Ross Hall
Greeley, CO 80639
Phone (cell): 319 321 3796
Phone (office): 970 351 2324
Fax: 970 351 1225